PAIR WITH STEELHEAD RED
The "Everything" Burger
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 fresh jalapenos, sliced
- 1lb 90/10 ground beef
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4lb bacon (4 slices), crisped
- 4 eggs
- blackberry jam or grape jelly
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapenos, then fry until golden brown (1-2 minutes) flipping once. (A splatter screen is helpful to place on top of the skillet.) Remove jalapenos to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper, then shape into four patties. Add patties to skillet (or grill) and cook for 3 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. Flip, then cook for 3 more minutes, or until golden brown on the other side.
- Meanwhile, heat another large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray then crack in 4 eggs. Season the tops with salt and pepper then cook for 2 minutes. Place a lid on top then cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until top is no longer runny. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place cheeseburgers on bottom bun then top with bacon, egg, fried jalapenos, and jam or jelly, then serve.