PAIR WITH STEELHEAD RED
BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs, beef stew meat (cut into chunks)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 bottle of Steelhead Red
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp dry thyme
- 12 pearl onions
- 12 cremini mushrooms
- 3 carrots (peeled, cut into sticks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large Dutch oven melt butter and 2tbsp of EVOO, add beef and salt and pepper to taste, cook until brown.
- Add Onion and garlic, cook until soft, then add flour and stir to combine.
- Add wine, bay leaf, thyme and bring to a boil, then transfer to oven for 1hr 20min.
- In a large pan combine pearl onion, mushroom and carrots with 1tbsp of EVOO and 1/4 cup water, cook until water has evaporated.
- Combine sautéed vegetables with stewed meat and serve warm!